umbrella

drops of gloom pour like a train
memories of past seizes my brain

some broken some tried
some smiled some cried

my body breaks into an itch
i know the feeling ,makes me twitch

i am a boy again
world is free of pain

in my balcony sits a sparrow
i stare at her making my eyes narrow

seems smaller than she is
feathers dripping and apart bit by bit

indicates that the rain wont last long
sun will shine again into a song

blooming into a symphony so yellow
forcing the sky to reveal a rainbow

bugs and butterflies shall flutter
dancing around in a clutter

boys jump out to play
some with a bat some with clay

i look up tying my lace
storming out into a race

joining the gang in a huddle
making sure to jump in every puddle

they sing and they shriek
in voices loud and creek

lightning strikes again
lashes out a heavy rain

clouds roar out a thunder
we retreat in a mode of surrender

grey spreads all around
i sit with my feet wound

look out through the glass
this time it is going to last

i close my eyes and bury my head
listen to the noise of water hitting the lead

the itch is back the eyes wet
the boy is gone the pain set

i brood with my head hung low
like a man moving ever so slow

this wait is endless and is heavy
would i ever be a kid and so happy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

love

runbabyrun

Sunshine