violence

there was a news item in the papers i read sometime back that was particularily disturbing for me. some car fellow bumped into a 7 year old on a cycle and broke it. the kid cryingh all the while was demanding the car driver and his companion to get him a new cycle or to pay him some money. the two men got so irritated that they burnt the kid alive.

well my advocate instinct tell me not to believe anything and everything as i hear. but so many of them are true. and so could be this. a kid was perhaps roasted in the capital of the country for what exactly?!

what have we become? or have we been like this all along? since time immemorial all we know that violence has been in every era, in every part of the world, in every strata of the society. behind every victory of any king has been a bloodshed of magnificent sorts. every religion stands on the ground of corpses of men and women and children who apparently were sacrificed in the greater quest of achieveing GOD by their slayers. human beings have been violent and its no different today. perhaps due to the strictness of law at times we infact are detterred from carrying on with our feeling of hate with which we are perpetually gripped with. if only it were allowed to kill for one day and not being charged with it, i am sure that half of the planet would be wiped off.

in all honesty i haven't really had a physical fight with anybody. not yet. even as a kid i would barely get into one with cousins and friends and all and anyway socking the aforesaid barely qualifies to be a fight. also my parents and family never raised a hand on me...or foot...or the broom or cloth hanger( i have seen some of my cousins being chased by their mothers with one and believe me they deserved it the most of times). however i know some people who say that i should have been thrashed if it were to have any effect on me not becoming what i did. well the point is that i have never really hit any one and vice-versa. so once there was a function in my family. in that a young man of say around 22-23 years was caught by some people trying to steal some jewellery of ladies and all. so they cornered him and took him out and roughed him up. he confessed of his doing and was petrified. then somebody gave him a whack on the face and somebody kneed him in the gut.

now here come the lowest point in my even otherwise pathetic existence. i gave him a kick. why? simply because i thought this is like a perfect oppurtunity to sock somebody. yes. thats what i thought. and i did. and as i raised my foot, half way i found no strength in it as something in me was pulling it back, yet it did fly to hit him on his leg. i froze. my soul froze. i have never ever felf weaker in my life. i have never felt more sorry for myself. i have never ever felt more pity for myself. i was a horrible horrible man that day. i broke my own heart.

am i capable of having a fight? i think yes. if driven to the edge i will. but in my heart i know i will hate to be in one. i will have a deja-vu of the same feeling of utter disgust. i hope i would never have to. i have had terrible fits of rage and have known to throw and break things around me at times (very very seldom thankfully) but have never have wanted to give anyone a beating. even though one my favourite movie is FIGHT CLUB and i do subscribe to the theory that you dont know yourself until you have been in a fight. yet in my heart of heart i wish to pass this life without knowing that side which is revealed by being in a scruffle. dhishoom-dhishoom, high speed car chases, bazookaas, fist-fights and the likes in some other life then. live and let live doesn't seem like a very difficult philosophy to follow, does it?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I guess the line 'Bachpan pe ek zor ka CHAATA pada hota to.....' suitably applies to you; as u undoubtedly are the quintessential Prem of Maine Pyar Kiya!!!

--& FYI-- this was in response to "my parents and family never raised a hand on me..."

ok ok just kiddin-- ur perfect! :) now Live and Let Live!! :) :) :)

Popular posts from this blog

love

runbabyrun

Sunshine