haze

i just got ahead of my time
moving along with just a little more than a dime

it all came to a screeching halt
my wounds were open and rubbed with salt

was immediately stuck with a cruel reality
had come too far without any authority

the illusion had momentarily seemed true
i rejoiced in my ship as a single man crew

brightness was all around spread like the air
i bathed in the ocean without a worldly care

have woken up and the dream is finish
however there are enough memories for me to cherish

all i can see now is a smoke looming large
capturing all my vision like a marshalling sarge

faintly recall the contours made from a smile
and the light seeping tightly through the almost closed eye

my feet feel heavy and i breathe hard
the castle i ruled came trumbling like a deck of card

i reach hard to look for my stick
summoned the leftover strength to do some trick

with dust in my eye and clenched fist
i try to move dragging me with my own wrist

it will never be like it has been in the past
but i guess such is life and nothing really last

Comments

Ankur said…
awesome is the word...
so damn true

Popular posts from this blog

love

runbabyrun

Sunshine